The Majestic theatre opened its doors on April 21, 1921 as a vaudeville theatre built by impresario Karl Hoblitzelle and designed by John Eberson, one of the foremost designers of theatres in the early part of the 20th Century. Hoblitzelle's Interstate Amusement Company built and operated vaudeville theatres in Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. As the vaudeville era came to an end in the 1930s, Hoblitzelle began to present movies in his theatres; the Majestic hosted movie premieres with stars such as Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck and John Wayne in attendance. The Majestic showed its last film in 1973 and went dark. On January 1976, the Hoblitzelle Foundation gifted the Majestic to the City of Dallas. After a major restoration, the building reopened on January 28, 1983 as a performing arts center. The Majestic is managed by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs.
Majestic Lighting Hookup & Plot
Majestic Advance Packet